Pages

.

Artisan Bread


My family eats a lot of bread. My oldest son especially loves bread and likes to help me make it often. He's helped with breadsticks, popovers, rolls, you name it. 

I've made Biz's Artisan Bread twice now and we love it!  This time we added Italian seasoning and garlic to the bread and we loved it!



We made one loaf with half the dough and then made 2 pizzas with the other half. 



Hubs and my 3 kids devoured the 2 pizzas in no time. The bread didn't last long either. 


My kids said the pizza was like deep dish pizza.  I rolled it thin but it rose to make a puffy crust that they loved. 


Italian Garlic Artisan Bread Recipe

Adapted from My Bizzy Kitchen

I make this into two loaves, or four 12 inch pizzas
  • 6 1/2 cups bread flour
  • 3 cups water
  • 1 tablespoon yeast
  • 1 tablespoon salt
    1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
    1 tsp. garlic powder
Mix the flour, yeast and salt together and pour in room temperature water.  I actually use my fingers to make sure all the flour is incorporated – I’ve used a wooden spoon before but have had lumps of flour after the 2 hour rise. 
Put in a big plastic container with a lid.  Let sit for 2 hours to rise.   Shape your dough into 2 loaves and put on a piece of parchment paper.  Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes at 450.  Remove the foil and finish for 15 more minutes.  Let cool before slicing.





No comments:

Post a Comment