Pages

.

Apple Tuna Lettuce Wraps or Sandwiches


My husband eats sandwiches every day for lunch.  Usually lunch meat sandwiches with a different sauces to make them different.  All in all, there isn't much variety but for the occasional egg salad. Then I saw tuna on sale. 

I had forgotten about tuna.  

We used to eat it all the time. I was never a huge fan of it but I ate it anyways.  My husband though, loves it.  

So we bought tuna.  He loves it and also loves that he has another choice for lunch now.  



I told him this was kinda like a Waldorf salad but with tuna.  He loved it!  My daughter put hers on lettuce or a wrap.  That is totally the way to go.  Little tuna appetizers.  





Apple Tuna Lettuce Wraps or Sandwiches Recipe

1/3 cup mayonnaise, I used light
1/3 cup celery, finely diced
1/3 cup chopped pecans or walnuts, chopped
3 tbsp. onion, chopped
1 1/2 tbsp. sweet pickle relish
1 tsp. sugar
2 cans tuna packed in water, drained
1/3 cup apple, chopped

Combine mayo, celery, nuts, onion, relish and sugar.  Stir in tuna and apple. Spread on toast with lettuce or scoop onto lettuce leaves.



No comments:

Post a Comment