Pages

.

Boxing Day

I had a delightfully quiet Christmas Day yesterday, shared only with my immediate family.  However, Boxing Day has been full of activity, due to a very welcome visit from my brother and his family, who live in Sweden.

Today we re-celebrated Christmas, with cold ham and turkey, a vegetable flan, two kinds of salad, hot Christmas pudding with brandy custard, strawberry pavlova, home-made vanilla ice cream and fruit mince pies.

We ate outdoors in beautiful sunshine then collapsed in front of the Boxing Day test on the telly.  The more energetic family members played table tennis (a Christmas present from Grandad) and Pictionary.

Living so far from my siblings (one in Sweden and one in Sydney), I value greatly any time spent with them.

The whole crowd
The girls: my daughter, sister-in law, three beautiful nieces and me

No comments:

Post a Comment