Pages

.

Mexican Meatloaf



I got the idea for this on Chaya's blog.  She said that it was "based on mexican cooking without the beans".  Well, I threw in a can of beans.

I was a little afraid that it wouldn't hold together but it came our alright.  It crumbled a bit as eating it but not bad. 



I LOVED the cornmeal added to this.  I was surprised on how tasty and how much the corn flavor came through.  We loved this and I'll totally make it again. 

This makes a great freezer meal too. I actually made 3 meatloafs at once and froze them all for future meals.  Another tip is when you make this, just make two, one for now and one for later.

We ate this with an awesome Southwestern Cheesy Pasta. Recipe coming soon!



Mexican Meat Loaf Recipe
Adapted from Chaya's Comfy Cook Blog


1 lb. ground turkey, lean 93%
1/2 cup bread crumbs (I used gluten free)
1/2 cup cornmeal
1/4 cup chili sauce
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
2 large eggs
1 onion, chopped
1 1/2 peppers, I used one orange and 1/2 red pepper
2 jalapeno peppers, chopped
2 cups corn, frozen
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed

In a large bowl, combine ground turkey, bread crumbs, corn meal, chili sauce, cilantro and eggs.  Mix well.  Spray a pan with cooking spray and cook onion for a few minutes.  Add peppers and jalapenos and saute for a few more minutes.  Let cool a bit.  Add onion mixture to the beef mixture and combine.  Add beans and corn and stir until combined.  Place mixture into loaf pan coated with cooking spray.  Bake for about an hour at 350 until done. 

Total calories = 2126 calories
8 servings = 266 calories per serving

One Year Ago...








Oven Baked French Fries


This is linked with:

No Whine Wednesday at Food on the Table
Let's Do Brunch at My Sweet and Savory & 21st Century Housewife
Works for me Wednesday at We are THAT Family
Real Food Wednesdays at Kelly the Kitchen Kop
What's on your Plate? at Good Cheap Eats
What's on the Menu Wednesdays at Dining with Debbie
Recipe Exchange at This Chick Cooks
Recipe of the Week: Mexican Cuisine at Family Fresh Meals

Calories calculated from calorieking.com. Some numbers are approximate and rounded.

No comments:

Post a Comment