Pages

.

Strawberry Pineapple Smoothies



Can you believe we just started making smoothies?  One of the reasons was I hated my blender.  It was a pain to take out, so I just never did. 

Well, I got me a new food processor/blender.  It works awesome and now we use it all the time. 


We usually just throw a bunch of stuff in and call it a smoothie but this time I actually used a recipe. It was my first time using pineapple in a smoothie. 

Boy was it GOOD!

I love using flaxseed to boost the healthiness.  I'm still experimenting so if anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears!



Strawberry Pineapple Smoothie Recipe
Adapted form Annie's Eats

8 oz. low fat vanilla yogurt
1 large banana
1 1/2 cups chopped pineapple
1 1/2 cups frozen strawberries
2 tbsp. ground flaxseed
Milk for consistency

Combine all ingredients in blender or food processor.  Process until thick and smooth.  Add milk if you want it thinner or ice to thicken.

One Year Ago...









Herbed Slow Cooker Chicken 

This is linked with Sweets for a Saturday at Sweet as Sugar Cookies
Calories calculated from calorieking.com. Some numbers are approximate and rounded.

No comments:

Post a Comment