Pages

.

Apple Cinnamon Pancakes with Cinnamon Syrup



Once again, pancakes on the menu for dinner.  Breakfast for dinner is awesome.


The syrup for these pancakes was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.  I could have drank it with a straw!  I like to put different things IN my pancakes but I don't usually make different toppings or syrups.  That will change. This changed already very good pancakes into spectacular pancakes. 


 I loved the whole wheat flour in the pancakes too. The kids never even knew they were getting something healthy!  Shh.  I won't tell!



Apple Cinnamon Pancake Recipe
Adapted from Finding Joy in my Kitchen

Pancakes:
2 eggs
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 1/2 cup milk
1 cup smashed apples (or applesauce and use less milk)
1 tbsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tbsp. baking powder
1 tbsp. olive oil


Syrup:
3/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/8 cup corn syrup
1/2 cup sugar
1/8 cup water
1/2 cup evaporated milk


Peel and cut about 3 - 4 apples into chunks.  Place in a bowl with a couple of tablespoons of water for about 10 minutes, until you are able to smash them with a potato masher. We left ours a bit chunky but if you want it smooth, you can put them in a food processor.


Lightly beat the two eggs in a large bowl.  Add in the flour, salt, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, apples, oil and milk.  Stir until just moist.  Allow batter to sit for just a few minutes and heat your pan.


Ladle the pancake batter onto the hot pan, cook until a few bubbles form and then flip.  Cook until done. 


While pancakes are cooking away, combine all the syrup ingredients except the evaporated milk together in a saucepan.  Heat until sugar is dissolved and then bring to a slow boil for 1 - 2 minutes.  Remove from the heat and add in the evaporated milk. 


Serve pancakes with syrup.

One Year Ago...







Sweet & Sour Meatballs with Pineapple


This is linked with:

$5 Dinner Challenge at $5 Dinners
My Meatless Monday at My Sweet and Savory
Mouthwatering Mondays at A Southern Fairytale
Your Recipe, My Kitchen at Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker
Just another Meatless Monday at What's for Dinner, Mom?
Midnight Maniac Meatless Monday at Midnight Maniac
Made By You Mondays at Skip to my Lou
Mangia Mondays at Delightfully Dowling
Tuesday at the Table at All The Small Stuff
Tasty Tuesday at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam
Hearth n Soul at A Moderate Life
Tasty Tuesdays at 33 Shades of Green
Tasty Tidbits at Permanent Posies
Tuesday Night Supper Club at Fudge Ripple
Let's Do Brunch at My Sweet and Savory
This Weeks Cravings at Mom's Crazy Cooking



No comments:

Post a Comment