Pages

.

Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese Sandwich




I remember grilled cheese night as a kid. It was just me, my dad and my brothers.  My dad would cut the crust off of two sides of the bread.  He'd stagger the pieces of bread so we wouldn't have as much crust on the sandwich.  So nice, right?

One of my brothers would butter the bread, the other would open up cheese slices. Yup, we used the cheese in the little plastic packages. I was the oldest so I'd be the one actually making the grilled cheese. Our little assembly line was fun and resulted in one of my favorite dinners.  

Well, my tastes have changed a bit over the years.  We no longer use the processed american cheese and I like to keep all the crust on the bread.  I also enjoy a little kick with my sandwiches, know what I mean?  


This has a lot more than just cheese on these sandwiches but it's still a grilled cheese to me.  This is ooey gooey cheesy but with a buffalo kick with the chicken.  The veggies give it that bit of freshness and bite.  So, so good. Looks like we might have to start a new grilled cheese tradition around here. 



Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Adapted from Closet Cooking

2 cups cooked shredded chicken
1/2 cup Franks buffalo sauce
1/2 cup Ranch dressing
1/2 cup carrot, grated
1/2 cup celery, sliced
4 cups cheddar cheese
butter for the bread

Mix the chicken, hot sauce, ranch, carrot, celery and onion in a bowl. 

Butter the outside of each slice of bread. Throw bread on a hot pan, butter side down.  Top with a pile of shredded cheese, then a scoop of the buffalo chicken salad and then more cheese. Top with the other piece of bread, butter size up. Carefully flip sandwich until golden brown on both sides an ooey gooey all over.  



No comments:

Post a Comment