Pages

.

Ham and Potato Casserole


Ever since I've found that you can buy hard boiled eggs, I've been looking for more recipes and ideas to make with hard boiled eggs.  Cheesy ham, potato casserole is always a favorite.  I figured adding hard boiled eggs would make it even better and give it a breakfast flair.  Not that we ate it for breakfast.
 
I'm going through camera issues so these are not the best pictures. Trust me that this was good. Very good.
 
I did use a bit of velveeta cheese.  I know there are many who really don't consider it cheese. Well, it tastes good and melts great. Use a different cheese if you want but don't judge.


Ham and Potato Casserole Recipe

1/4 cup butter, cubed
1/4 cup flour, I used gluten free
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 1/2 cups (12 oz) sour cream
4 oz. velveeta cheese, cubed
1 cup shredded colby jack cheese
6 hard boiled eggs
4 cups cubed cooked potatoes
2 cups cubed cooked ham
2 tbsp. dried minced onion
2 green onions, shopped

In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream and cheeses.  Cook and stir over low hear just until cheese is melted.  Remove from heat.  Stir in the eggs, potatoes, ham, and onion.  Transfer to a 9 x 13 in baking pan.  Bake uncovered at 350 for 30 - 35 minutes or until bubbly and edges are golden brown. Sprinkle with green onions.





No comments:

Post a Comment