Pages

.

Black Bean Southwestern Lasagna



My husband is a meat and potatoes kind of guy. While I am more of a bean and cheese sorta gal.  Up until recently, he was only home 2 - 3 evenings a week, tops.  He worked all the other evenings. I would make our meat meals on the nights that he was here.  The other days of the week, we'd eat our vegetarian meals or breakfast for dinner.  This worked well.  Until he switched jobs.  He now is home every evening.  Which is great for the family but there had to be some compromises when it came to dinner. 



 
In the past I've served some meals without meat and they've gone over well.  I made this Black Bean Lasagna and thought about putting chicken in it, but didn't.  Hubs ate like 3 pieces and didn't even ask what was in it.  Score! Maybe meatless meal will go over better than I thought!
 
This seriously was the easiest thing to put together. Simple recipe but wonderful, awesome flavor!  I know I'll be making it again. I know hubs will agree too!
 
 

Black Bean Southwestern Lasagna

2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
2 cans Rotel with green chiles, undrained
1 can of corn, drained
1 tbsp. taco seasoning
3 cups shredded cheese, I used colby jack and cheddar
12 corn tortillas

In a large bowl, stir together black beans, tomatoes, Rotel, corn, and taco seasoning.  Spread about 1/2 cup of bean mixture on the bottom of a 9 x 13 in baking pan.  Place 6 tortillas over the bean mixture.  Layer 1/2 the bean mixture, then 1 cup of shredded cheese over the tortillas.  Then add the other 6 tortillas, the other 1/2 of the bean mixture and the rest of the cheese on top. Bake for 35 - 40 minutes, covered with foil. 



No comments:

Post a Comment