Pages

.

Stuffed Devilled Eggs - Eggs Jeanette




This month I was thrilled to be assigned the blog Rhubarb & Honey for The Secret Recipe Club. I don't seem to have as much time to peruse blogs these days so I love to have the opportunity to scroll through Kimberly's awesome recipes.  I found out that she participated in Foodie Penpals as well.  I just started this month and got my first package!  Much fun.  



I found a wonderful recipe for devilled eggs.  Check out her blog for the cool story about these and the story behind the name, Eggs Jeanette.
 
While I love eating devilled eggs, I don't particularly like making them.  I don't like making and peeling hard boiled eggs.  I've used many different methods and just haven't found one that consistently works.  I think it's just me.  Well, I was pleased as punch to find these ready-made hard boiled eggs at the store.  I'd heard that they existed, I just never knew where they were. 



These made this recipe so fast.  This is a fantastic way to whip up an unbelievable appetizer in a very short time.


You know what is different about these eggs?  They are cooked.  Pan fried. A bit anyways.  I've never done that with devilled eggs before and I thought it intriguing. 

 
They just needed to be in the pan for a minute or two. They turned out beautifully.  Golden brown and super tasty!  I was skeptical about the dressing but ended up absolutely loving it and everyone else did too!  This for sure is a keeper!
 
 
 
 

Eggs Jeanette Recipe
Adapted from Rhubarb & Honey

Eggs:
  • 6 large hard boiled eggs, peeled
  • 1 teaspoon finely minced garlic
  • 1 teaspoon finely minced onion
  • 1 teaspoon dried parsley
  • 2 tablespoons whole milk
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon butter
Dressing:
  • 2 tablespoons leftover egg stuffing (from above)
  • 1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard (I would add a bit less)
  • 2 tablespoons sour cream
  • 1 teaspoon dried parsley
  • 1 to 2 teaspoons milk
  • Salt and black pepper
Directions:
Gently cut each hard boiled egg in half, then carefully remove yolks, placing yolks in a bowl and setting the whites aside.

To the yolks, add the garlic, onion, parsley, milk, salt, and pepper. Mash with a fork to combine. Carefully spoon the yolk mixture back into the hollows of the egg whites, reserving 2 tablespoons of the filling to use in the dressing.

Heat the olive oil and butter in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Place the eggs, stuffing side down, in the skillet. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until the eggs are browned on the stuffed side. Remove from skillet and place on a platter, stuffed side up.

In a small bowl, combine reserved egg stuffing, mustard, and sour cream. Whisk to combine, adding milk as necessary to get a smooth, creamy consistency. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Spoon the dressing over the warm eggs and serve.











No comments:

Post a Comment