Pages

.

Foodie Penpals




I was reading Veronica's blog and found out that she started participating in Foodie Penpals.  Apparently this has been going on for about a year but I've never heard of it. Since then, I've noticed it on several other blogs.  What kind of blogger bubble have I been living in?

Foodie Penpals was started by Lindsay from The Lean Green Bean, it is a program that connects bloggers and blog readers through the gift of food. It’s a fun program that allows you to meet two new “foodies” each month … you should give it a try!



The fun part is figuring out what to give your Foodie Penpal.  I gave my penpal, Miranda, foods that I like from the farmers market.  Spaghetti squash, chocolate zucchini bread, pretzel roll and hot pepper jam. 

I received a package this month from April from The April Bake. I loved getting a whole box of goodies in the mail. I was shocked how much she was able to get with a small box and a $15 budget.

First up - she knew I was gluten free so she gave me these gluten free pretzels.  This was PERFECT as I was out of crunchy GF snacks.  We made Peanut Butter Dip and I enjoyed  these with it!

 
It's football season!  USC is the popular college team where April lives so she sent me some football related items.  I loved this cherry flavored popcorn with the USC colors!  The kids loved it too!
 

 
 I got a kick out of the USC Gamecock Sucker.  I can just picture the kids there saying, "Mom, can I have a cock sucker?" 

 
I love, love, love almond butter!  My son and I split this little package of Maple Almond Butter. Jacob put his half over a waffle and I ate mine with the GF pretzels.  

 
 The salted peanuts lasted all of 15 minutes.  The kids got a hold of them and gobbled them up.  I did manage to eat a few. 


I loved the macaroons.  Super tasty treat!!

 
 I opened my package, photographed everything and then went off to an exercise class. I came home to find the bowl of these sports themed chocolate gone, but for one.  Chocolate; I should have guarded it better!  :-)

 
 This package of red curry cubes was interesting. I wasn't sure at first what to do with them. Then I found this recipe for a Curried Rhubarb Sauce for chicken.  I knew these cubes would be perfect! 
 
Thank you April for a fantastic package the my whole family enjoyed!  I can't wait until next month!  If you're interested in getting an awesome package from someone, check out Lindsey's Foodie Penpals and sign up for this month! 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment