Pages

.

Perfect Lemon Pound Cake


I knew I was going to make a berry trifle but I hadn't decided if I was going to attempt to make the trifle gluten free or not.  When I found out that several other guests at the party were gluten free, I set out to make a gluten free lemon pound cake.

The pound cake turned out well and was quite delicious. It was dense like a pound cake but still a bit crumbly.  I didn't mind so much as I was cutting it up for a pound cake.  The original recipe called for just vanilla but I wanted a bit of lemon flavor.  The 1/2 teaspoon of lemon extract was perfect and it tasted delicious.





Perfect Pound Cake Recipe
Adapted from Gluten Free Easily

2 1/2 cups gluten free flour
1 1/2 tsp. xanthan gum
1 1/4 tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. baking powder
3/4 cup light olive oil
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 tbsp. orange juice
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. lemon extract
3 large eggs
2/3 cup full fat coconut milk

Combine flour, xanthan gum, sea salt and baking powder in a bowl.  Set aside. 

Pour olive oil into a large bowl and slowly mix in sugar, orange juice, vanilla and lemon extract.

Add eggs, one at a time, stirring after each addition.

Add milk.  Mix for about 2 minutes.  Gradually add dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, mixing well. 

Pour batter into a 9 x 13 in. baking dish.  Bake at 350 for about 40 minutes until golden brown and done. 

**The original recipe called for 2 loaf pans, cooking for about 50 - 55 minutes.  I used a 9 x 13 in. pan as I was going to cube it for a trifle. 



No comments:

Post a Comment