Pages

.

Two Years in Adelaide



Next week marks the second anniversary of our new life here in Adelaide.  I can't believe how the time has flown.

I still feel like a newcomer in many ways, I expect because Adelaide still feels fresh - I haven't started to take it for granted yet.  And there are so many places in South Australia that we have yet to visit.

A few days Rhonda from Down to Earth wrote about blooming wherever we are planted.  I think she makes some excellent points.  The secret to a satisfying life seems to be embracing whatever circumstances life throws at us and not just making the best of things, but choosing to thrive.

Some of the things that I am grateful for in Adelaide are:
  • four beautiful, healthy children who have learnt much about resilience and turning strangers into friends
  • a church community that immediately made us feel at home
  • wonderful friends who have welcomed us into their lives
  • our new house which strikes me anew with her beauty every day
  • a garden which I am slowly turning into my own, which will one day be full of fruit trees and roses and vegetables and herbs, and hopefully even a few chooks.

“Home is a name, a word, it is a strong one; stronger than magician ever spoke, or spirit ever answered to, in the strongest conjuration.”

 

 Charles Dickens

No comments:

Post a Comment