Pages

.

Royal Grafton Red China



We got married in the days before having a wedding registry was a widespread thing - at least in Australia. This meant that we got the wedding presents our guests chose for us, rather than gifts that we chose for ourselves.

Although we didn't choose a china design, we were given a white Mikasa dinner service by my then soon-to-be step-mother-in-law.

No pieces from that service have survived 19 years of marriage and 4 children, however we still use white china for everyday use. Currently, we are sticking with plain white Corelle as it is unbreakable - a very great virtue in our family.


Several years later we inherited the red Royal Grafton service in the photographs above.

I love this design. It's so much less fussy and dated than many bone china services, although I do rather like floral designs for tea sets. Because of the red it works beautifully as a Christmas service too.

The unfortunate thing is that I don't know, and have never been able to find out, what the name of this service is. We are missing several pieces that have broken over the years and I have never been able to replace them.

If anyone recognises this setting and can tell me what it is called I would be very appreciative.

This post is part of Show Us Your Life Friday - China Patterns over at Kelly's Korner blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment