Pages

.

Milkshakes and Smoothies

It seems that if ever I go out leaving my older children at home alone, someone will make either milkshakes or smoothies. (While the cat's away...)

While the milkshakes above were made using commercial chocolate topping, our family favourite is homemade chocolate syrup.  Perhaps I should make some again soon?  It lasts forever (if it is allowed to!) and has a much richer chocolate taste than any commercial product I've ever sampled.

My kids also like making the Hillbilly Housewife's Magic Milkshakes.  These are especially good for days when you don't have much fresh milk, as they use powdered milk.

Although my kids prefer milkshakes, I would rather have a fruit smoothie any day.  I regularly freeze banana chunks for this purpose.  All you need is a blender, some fresh or frozen banana chunks, and any other fruit of your choice, and you have a snack that is both healthy and delicious.


No comments:

Post a Comment