Pages

.

Welcome to Our New House #2: Main Bedroom

The main bedroom is one of my favourite rooms in our new house. It is pretty, well-proportioned and filled with light, even on an overcast day like today.

The left-hand door below leads to the wardrobe and the right-hand one to an en-suite bathroom.


It is great to move into a house that has already been renovated as I have very limited design skills. Picking paint colours is my idea of torture. Our furniture is a mixture of new and old, and while not worthy of a fashion spread, I like living with pieces that have a history.


Of the pieces in these photos, the dressing table and bedside tables came from my husband's grandparents; the bed was purchased new last year, the chest of drawers was purchased by us early in our marriage, the bedside lamp came from a garage sale, and the dressing table cover is a scarf that belonged to my grandmother.

No comments:

Post a Comment