Pages

.

A Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Month

There's a children's story called Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day. Everything seems to go wrong for poor little Alexander and he decides that he wants to move to Australia. The book ends with his mother's assurance that everyone has bad days, even people who live in Australia.

I can assure you that Alexander's mother is right. Things do go wrong for people in Australia.

This month has been one of the hardest I have ever lived through. It has truly been a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad month.

Starting with Tom's accident on the 1st and continuing with the delayed settlement on our new house due to not one, but two caveats listed on it, life has felt awful indeed. There have been many sleepless nights, many mornings when I threw up before work from stress (and no, I'm not pregnant.)

Even moving day on Wednesday was difficult as the removal van broke down with all our goods on it, causing a delay of over an hour.

And yet, and yet there have been blessings too.

Tom is recovering well and is even able to ride a bike again.

We have a renewed realisation that family and health are much more important than material possessions.

We finally have a place in Adelaide that we can call home. The second caveat was thrown out of court on Wednesday and settlement went ahead yesterday without a hitch.

I am thankful more than I can say that all our prayers of the last month have been answered.


(I'm writing this on the library computer as I still don't have home internet, so no pictures just yet. They will come, I promise. We should be up and running by next Monday. Yay for Telstra - not!)



No comments:

Post a Comment