Pages

.

Free HTML tutorials

Computer as Envisaged in 1927, Illustration to the Thought Machine by Ammianus Marcellinus by Frank R. Paul
Computer as Envisaged in 1927, Illustration to the Thought Machine by Ammianus Marcellinus


Ever since I began blogging I have wanted to learn html. I even borrowed a copy of HTML 4 For Dummies
from the library but it didn't help much. I guess I'm just too dumb. Or perhaps the ancient edition was the problem.


(For those unfamiliar with html, it's the language that you write a web-page in. Your web browser reads the html and 'Voila!', a web page.)



Although Blogger does most of the html for me, there are times when a greater knowledge of html would be very useful; for example, if I wanted to design my own blog background or increase the number of columns without deleting all my other information.



Just as I was beginning to think that html might be beyond the grasp of lesser blogging mortals such as myself, I read on Life in a Shoe that Kim's young daughters are taking html lessons on the internet.


This, I thought, requires further investigation. I followed the link on Kim's blog and found a website dedicated to teaching all sorts of computer information. It even looks straightforward enough for me, the queen of all Luddites, to understand. Best of all, the tutorials are free.


Here is the link to the html tutorials.



Well, tickle me pink! I'm gonna go learn me some html. Bye for now!

Postscript: My teenage son (and family technology guru) just told me about another useful web tutorial site called http://www.tutorialized.com/. It has tutorials for Photoshop and lots of other programs.





No comments:

Post a Comment