Pages

.

Procrastination and Slothfulness

Life Magazine


Are you a procrastinator? I am. More than ever before.

In the past I have always had babies and pre-schoolers who kept me busy, often combined with volunteer work, paid work, and taking care of a large home and garden.

Since we moved to Adelaide last year my littlest son has started school, I am not working, and I am living in a much smaller home with a small garden. I have begun to feel that I am not achieving anything.


Certainly, it now can take all day to do something that I could previously do in half or one quarter of the time -- unless I put it off until tomorrow, that is.


I think I need to be busier. When I moved here I thought it would be wonderfully luxurious not to be busy every minute of every day. I was happy not to over-commit at first. But now I am itching for a project or a goal.


Why is it that busy people can always fit in one more thing, but non-busy people (like me at the moment) can barely stay awake? Yes, I am exaggerating, but you know what I mean.

I am looking (sporadically) for part-time work, but haven't found anything regular yet (or they haven't wanted me). And once we buy a home my life will again be filled with all the little tasks that home owners have to do.

In the meantime I fear I am turning into a sloth.

Are you a procrastinator? Or do you create goals and work for them wholeheartedly, never putting off for tomorrow what you could do today?

Is it ever acceptable not to be busy?




No comments:

Post a Comment