Pages

.

Saturday Pizza Night




Saturday night is often pizza night at our red house.

I make a double quantity of a simple pizza dough and roll it out to fit two large rectangular trays.

Usually I make a vegetarian pizza and one with some kind of meat, such as bacon or ham.

Last night the vegetarian pizza was topped with caramelised onion and garlic; tomatoes, grilled squash, silverbeet and basil from the garden; and some pre-cooked slices of potato.  The other pizza had bacon, ham, caramelised onion and tomato.


If I don't have mozzarella cheese on hand I grate a little of whatever cheese I have.  Last night I used colby.  Then it was into a very hot oven for 12-15 minutes.

The advantage of home-made pizza is that it is cheap and you can control the quality of toppings and the amount of cheese used, leading to a healthier meal.  And home-made pizza tastes really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment