Pages

.

Lavender and Rosemary


I was pleased to discover that two of my favourite herbs are adundant in my new garden; lavender and rosemary. (At least, I think lavender is a herb - I know it has medicinal applications and can be used in cooking.)

Although it is autumn, the lavender is still in full bloom. I am planning lavender sachets for under my pillows but so far have done nothing - nothing except enjoy the scent of lavender as I brush past. Which is very lovely on its own.


The rosemary bushes have almost finished flowering but still attracts lots of bees.

I haven't done much in my new garden yet, apart from watch and observe. A garden is like a friend that you have to get to know, rather than rush in gung-ho with changes. But I am developing ideas about things I would like to do: plant a vegetable garden in the spring; underplant some of the roses with herbs; add an extra fruit tree or two. However, at the moment I am happy just to watch and admire from a distance.


No comments:

Post a Comment