Pages

.

The Grocery Shopping Minefield


Do you find decision-making difficult when it comes to grocery shopping, or is it just me?

It's not just that there is an incredibly diverse range of items to choose from, it's the ethical decisions that need to be made.

Do I buy whatever I or my family likes eating?

Do I buy based on price alone?

Do I choose organic/wholefoods?

Do I prefer the locally-grown, for example, from my own state, or is it enough to choose food produced in my country from native-grown ingredients?

What about food made in my country from foreign ingredients or made by foreign-owned companies with local factories that provide jobs?

Do I choose food with minimal packaging?

What about products that aren't produced in my country but that I don't want to do without, such as soy sauce, spices, coffee and cocoa?

How do you shop for groceries? Are there any principles that you apply?

No comments:

Post a Comment