Pages

.

On Ironing


'Yeah, Mum's always wishing we had a house-elf to do the ironing,' said George. 'But all we've got is a lousy old ghoul in the attic and gnomes all over the garden.'
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

I think that ironing is one of things that you either love or loathe, and I definitely don't love it.


Because my husband and I both work and our eldest son goes to a school where he has to wear a shirt and trousers each day, we have quite a lot of ironing to do.


The only way I can endure it is by doing in front of the television. This usually happens on a Sunday night.


The problem is that while ironing is fairly rewarding, in that you end up with beautiful, smooth, sweet-smelling clothes, I find the act of ironing unbearably repetitive and tedious.


Do you iron? Do you have any tips to make ironing less dreary? Or less time-consuming?


Please provide me with some inspiration!


No comments:

Post a Comment