Pages

.

Korean Spicy Marinated Chicken

 
I love easy meals.  I love chucking chicken in a baggie in the morning with a marinade and then throwing it in a pan in the evening. Voila, dinner is practically done.
 
The fun part is finding new ways to flavor chicken. Sometimes I just use a bottled sauce but often I like to make my own.  Today, I went spicy!
 
 
 
This had a great flavor.  Nice heat but not so spicy that it knocks your socks off.  I loved the way it caramelized on the chicken. The leftovers made a fantastic chicken salad the next day.
 
 
 
 

Korean Spicy Marinated Chicken Recipe
Adapted from Eat, Laugh, Love

1/4 C rice wine vinegar
2 tbsp. soy sauce
1/4 C + 2 tbsp. Sriracha sauce or hot sauce
2 tbsp. minced garlic
2 tbsp. minced ginger
1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
3 tbsp. sugar
3 green onions, chopped
3 lbs. chicken or pork, I used big tenders
Canola oil as needed

Stir together the vinegar, soy sauce, Sriracha sauce, garlic, ginger, freshly ground black pepper, sugar, and green onions in a large bowl. Mix in the chicken slices, mixing well until completely coated. Place into a ziplock plastic bag, squeeze out any excess air, seal, and marinate in the refrigerator at least 3 hours, and longer is preferable.

Heat a tablespoon of oil in a large skillet. Add the chicken pieces along with the juices to a large skillet. Cook until chicken is done, turning to coat in the juices.  By the time the chicken is done, the sauce should be evaporated and glaze coated all over the chicken. 



No comments:

Post a Comment