Pages

.

Menu Plan Monday ~ October 29 - November 4, 2012



It's been a long time since I've done a Menu Plan Monday.  I either have been lazy and not planning meals or else I'll write it down on a piece of paper.  Well, inevitably the paper gets lost and then I forget my plan and then we end up eating weird stuff for dinner.  I LIKE planning my meals online because it keeps me organized.  The last few months I have not been organized.  I really want to get that back. It makes my life happier when I am organized. 
 
I've also been on a quest to use up the food that we have in the house.  A lot of it at least. I'm a stockpiler. I buy on sale and keep it around for when I need it.  Well, when the freezers and cupboards are full; it's time to use it up. Plus, money has been tight so I figure we'll USE all this food that I spent money on.  Makes sense, huh. 
 
I started this quest a couple weeks ago and things are getting down.  I still have a couple boxes of No Name Steaks in the freezer and a chuck roast. So this week I put both on the menu.  I still have a couple of pounds bacon that I bought at Costco last month so that will go great with our breakfast-for-dinner meal.  I have ground turkey that I will use for the spaghetti meat sauce.  I'll actually make a double batch of sauce and freeze some for next week.  I found a box of fish fillets that 4 out of the 6 of us will eat.  Plus I have a big bag of waffle chips that has been sitting in the freezer for a long time. My secret recipe post is a vegetarian meal, that's all I'm saying about that.  I can't wait for that one!! 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday: Breakfast burritos, hashbrowns and bacon

Tuesday: Secret Recipe Club recipe

Wednesday: Steaks & Sweet Potato Fries

Thursday: Spaghetti & meat sauce

Friday: Fish and waffle chips

Saturday: Pizza night

Sunday: Slow cooker beef tacos


More menu planning ideas at I'm an Organizing Junkie.



No comments:

Post a Comment