Pages

.

Honey Joys

Given that I have already packed most of my cookbooks, my electric mixer and most of my mixing bowls, I was pleased that my son asked for honey joys rather than cupcakes to share with his class on his birthday tomorrow.

I don't know if honey joys are an Australian thing or whether they exist all over the world. Even in Australia they have different names; our family has always called them honey joys but in Adelaide we have discovered that they are also known as honey crackles.

We love honey joys because they are delicious and very, very easy to make. They are also inexpensive. They are a good first recipe for children, so long as help is provided with the oven and stove.

The recipe below makes about 25 honey joys.

Honey Joys

3 tbsp honey
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp sugar
4 cups cornflakes
25 patty pans (paper cake cases)

Preheat oven to moderate (180C/375F). Measure cornflakes into a bowl. Combine honey, butter and sugar in a saucepan and heat gently until butter is melted. Bring to the boil then take off the heat. Pour over the cornflakes and stir to combine.

Spoon into paper cases and bake for 7-10 minutes.



No comments:

Post a Comment