Pages

.

Valentine's Day Cupcakes


In past years Valentine's Day has mainly been an adult celebration at our red house, with my husband giving me chocolates or flowers.

Indeed, while undoubtedly causing a frantic trade in roses and chocolates, Valentine's Day is not a major family celebration in Australia. Children do not give each other friendship Valentines as they do in the States, and parents do not give their children Valentine gifts. However, this year, with the house disrupted as we prepare to move, I thought something special was in order for my long-suffering family, and especially the kids.

Hence these morale-boosting cupcakes I whipped up this morning. The cupcakes are chocolate with pink-tinted buttercream frosting. Add some little chocolate hearts and you have Valentine's Day heaven.

How do you celebrate Valentine's Day at your house?


No comments:

Post a Comment