Pages

.

A Colourful Salad for Artichoke Lovers

I really love artichokes. While I have never cooked fresh artichokes myself (all that complex cutting and pulling out of chokes sounds w-a-y too complex for me), I have eaten them many different ways and have liked them each time.

Here is a salad I devised that makes great use of bottled artichokes. In fact, it's devised from another salad recipe that didn't have artichokes in it. I think the artichokes are an improvement. Like all salads, you don't have to worry too much about exact quantities and you can happily make substitutions, for example, you could use walnuts instead of the pecans.

Colourful Artichoke Salad

1 bottle marinated artichokes, drained (about 400g or 14 oz; I, in fact, used 2 bottles; you could also use ordinary tinned artichokes)
sliced green onions
1 red pepper, diced
1 cup roughly chopped pecans
1 cup frozen corn, thawed, or freshly cooked kernels, or drained, canned corn

Combine ingredients in a bowl. Stir in a vinaigrette or commercial salad dressing of your choice, spiked with a little chilli sauce, if you wish.

If you would like to know how to make a simple vinaigrette, visit my article on How to Create a Sensational Salad.

Tip: if you are using marinated artichokes, taste the marinade and if you like it you can use it for your salad dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment