Pages

.

Roses and Rugs

You can never have too many pillows, cushions and throw rugs. At least, that's what I think.

And on these cold, wintry nights, rugs and pillows are even more important. They are living room essentials.


The house we are renting is particularly cold and dark. The windows are small, the eaves wide and the rooms are painted in dark colours. When we buy a house, natural light is one of the top items on my list of priorities!

Our dark leather sofas definitely benefit from the addition of colour. I have added pink, cream, green and white accents with a rosy theme.

With its red rose leadlight windows, a rosy theme was the obvious choice in this room.





The rose pillow above is a European pillow in a Laura Ashley design. My youngest son and I snuggle against these pillows each evening, a rug over our knees, while he practises reading out loud.


I bought this cushion at a closing down sale. It is decorated with pictures of pink roses and an antique washbowl and jug.




I chose the rose pillow above because I like the photo of the rose on it. It's actually an outdoor, canvas pillow but I keep it indoors. One day, when I have a front porch with white wicker furniture, I will take this cushion outside and lean against it as I sip my iced coffee on those long, summer evenings.

Some of the smaller items in the room are the chess board, which is used almost every day,


a silver bowl of rose-scented pot-pourri,


and some books and magazines to read before the fire on those cold, dark nights.






No comments:

Post a Comment