Pages

.

BBQ, Bacon & Cheddar Smokehouse Chicken Melt


I always look forward to The Secret Recipe Club but this month is even more exciting than usual.  April has asked me to help with Group C.  This means a whole new group for me and a whole bunch of new bloggers that I cannot wait to find!

I admit, I often procrastinate and wait until the last minute to make my recipe. I usually pick it out right away but tend to wait to make it.  Well, this time, I made it right away!  I was expecting company one evening and needed a quick, tasty dinner to serve.  This was perfect! 

This month I was assigned The Big Bears Wife.  Angies blog is one of my favorites so I was tickled to be able to chose something from her blog.  She has one of the most amazing food indexes I've seen. I LOVE the pictures to choose from.  She has so many good things that it was hard for me to narrow down what to make.  I totally want to make her pineapple banana bread pudding!

I chose her Smokehouse Melt.  This has everything I could want in a chicken meal. I made the bacon earlier in the day so it came together for dinner really quickly.

I do need to apologize for my horrible pictures. The cheese melted a lot and it just didn't come out looking good in the picture. The taste made up for it, I promise! The bbq sauce, cheese and bacon was an awesome combination with the chicken. I made more for lunch the next day and the picture didn't turn out any better but it was still wonderful!  



BBQ, Bacon, & Cheddar Smokehouse Melt Recipe
Adapted from The Big Bears Wife

Boneless chicken breasts
Bacon, whole pieces & crumbled
BBQ Sauce
Tomatoes, sliced
Cheddar cheese slices

Cook chicken. We cooked ours in a pan with bacon grease. You can grill them too.  Then I spread with BBQ sauce, topped with tomato, layed bacon over it, spread with cheese, then crumbled bacon and heated until cheese was melty.  You can also do this in the broiler.  Yummy!







No comments:

Post a Comment