Pages

.

Favourite TV Adaptation

Having spent Sunday afternoon watching period dramas whilst attacking piles of ironing, I have decided that, despite numerous excellent adaptations of books including Middlemarch and Cranford in the years since, the 1995 Jennifer Ehles and Colin Firth version of Pride and Prejudice is my favourite TV adaptation of a book, ever.

Even if P & P were not my favourite book and Jane Austen my favourite author, I think that I would still love this adaptation. I like it better than any of the film versions of Pride and Prejudice, including the recent Keira Knightley version.

Poor old Colin Firth has become typecast in Darcy-type roles ever since. I don't know what happened to Jennifer.




What is your favourite TV or film adaptation of a book? And why?

No comments:

Post a Comment